Friday, June 8, 2012

The Simple Things

We have noted before how the Brewers have tailgating DOWN. They built Miller Park with ENORMOUS parking lots by the stadium so everyone can get their food and drink on. As an added bonus, the sausages come around and have fun with the crowd as you see here.
 The crowd was relatively docile, especially for a Cub/Brewer game. It started at 1.10pm on a Thursday so maybe that explains part of it. I am going to a game later in the summer that is a Saturday, 6.05 pm start that I am sure will be much more rowdy. Still, innovation in getting cornwater to desperate patrons is what we are all about. Instead of the vendors doing that STUPID open the can, pour it into a cup, hand it to the patron thing like at Soldier Field, at Miller Park they just twist off the top of the aluminum can and you are good to go. I estimated it cut the serving time by at least 50% compared to the hapless vendors at Soldier Field. On top of that you get a "thank you" from the vendors at Miller Park, while the vendors at SoldierField just try to rip off the patrons.

7 comments:

Carl from Chicago said...

Ha ha that picture of you holding the miller lite metal can could be your internet icon just like I have my bottle of genuine draft next to my name.

Can't believe that you were drinking that, though. Didn't they have anything better? The sox have really upgraded their beer selection but the guys that walk around do have only crap beer.

Dan from Madison said...

Yes they had tons of great beer in the concourse, but I wanted to get the Miller Park vendor guy experience to do the important research of comparing them to the dregs at Soldier Field.

Dan from Madison said...

I couldn't finish it.

Carl from Chicago said...

But that wide mouth was built so that you could pour it efficiently down your throat with less "glug". It even uses the word "glug" on one of the advertisements I saw.

Dan from Madison said...

Dude it was all I could do to get 3/4 of the cornwater down the hatch. If I would have chugged it widemouth style I would have tossed my lunch all over the other spectators.

Carl from Chicago said...

You have to buy them really cold so that when you pour it down your gullet it goes straight down and then you can taste it you only feel the burning sensation of the cold going through your system.

Why do you think the dreaded Coors Light has those colored cans when it tells you that it is "really cold"? That way you are safe to rapidly consume without getting the full impact of its vile taste (although it still is mighty vile). Warm Coors Light is possibly the worst beverage available.

Carl from Chicago said...

Sorry I meant really cold so you CAN'T taste it.